Deciphering Complex Disorders by Investigating the Role of Immune Response and Host-Microbe Interaction
Our research team uses a multidisciplinary approach that includes proteomics, immunology, and microbiology to understand complex disorders affecting the gastrointestinal and nervous systems. Our work is aimed at identifying novel diagnostic biomarkers, understanding disease mechanism, and finding therapeutic targets.
For more about our research, click here.
Recent News From Our Lab
- Dr. Alaedini discusses Lyme disease in an interview with TBS eFM Radio.
- February 2019 issue of Genetic Engineering & Biotechnology News reports on use of high resolution immune mapping to study complex disorders by our research team.
- May 2018 issue of SCIENCE features major story on latest research from our lab on the immunologic aspects of food sensitivity.
- May 2017 issue of Popular Mechanics discusses technology used in the our laboratory to study infectious disease.
- Armin Alaedini is named Tsunoda Senior Fellow for collaborative studies with Waseda University in Japan on the combinatory effects of gut microbiota and dietary molecules on intestinal barrier function.
- Our study reaches top 0.01% of all research publications in Altmetric Attention Score, while becoming #1 article among all publications from the high profile journal Gut.
For more on media coverage of our research, click here.