Deciphering Complex Disorders by Investigating the Role of Immune Response and Host-Microbe Interaction
Our research team uses a multidisciplinary approach that includes proteomics, immunology, and microbiology to understand complex disorders affecting the gastrointestinal and nervous systems. Our work is aimed at identifying novel diagnostic biomarkers, understanding disease mechanism, and finding therapeutic targets.
For more about our research, click here.
- January 2024—FUNDING NEWS: We’ve been awarded a research grant for a “comparative study of intestinal inflammation in celiac disease and non-celiac gluten sensitivity”. Congrats and thanks to everyone involved in this project!
- October 19, 2023—Dr. Alaedini delivers a talk at NIH on the gut-immune-metabolic interplay in ME/CFS.
- June 15, 2023—Dr. Alaedini appears on Science Friday, hosted by Ira Flatow, aired on National Public Radio (NPR).
- June 2023—Our lab’s newly published study in the journal Brain Behavior & Immunity-H demonstrates how gastrointestinal, immune, and metabolic defects are linked and play a role in chronic fatigue syndrome. Congrats to first authors, Dr. Melanie Uhde and Alyssa Indart.
- January 2024—FUNDING NEWS: We’ve been awarded a research grant on “molecular triggers of non-celiac wheat sensitivity”. Congrats and thanks to everyone involved in this project!
- Dr. Alaedini is selected as Chair of the ME/CFS Biospecimen Resource Access Committee (BRAC) of the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke.
- Dr. Alaedini becomes a standing member of the Neurobiology of Pain (NPI) Study Section at the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
- Our new findings on subclass specificity and evolution of B cell response in gluten sensitivity are published in the top GI journal Gastroenterology and covered by news media.
- Dr. Alaedini appears on BBC News program “The Food Chain” to talk about wheat sensitivity.
- Dr. Alaedini discusses Lyme disease in interview with TBS eFM.
- February 2019 issue of Genetic Engineering & Biotechnology News reports on use of high resolution immune mapping to study complex disorders by our research team.
- May 2018 issue of SCIENCE includes major story featuring research from our lab on immunologic aspects of food sensitivity.
- May 2017 issue of Popular Mechanics discusses technology used in the our laboratory to study infectious disease.
- Armin Alaedini is named Tsunoda Senior Fellow for collaborative studies with Waseda University in Japan on the combinatory effects of gut microbiota and dietary molecules on intestinal barrier function.
- Our study reaches top 0.01% of all research publications in Altmetric Attention Score, while becoming #1 article among all publications from the high profile journal Gut.
- For more on media coverage of our research, click here.